MARJ BASKINTA HIKE
June 21, 2020
A lovely hike close from Beirut. The hike crosses a pine trees forest for its most part.
Sequence: agri road – forest track – asphalt – forest track – back to the agri road.
Most of the trail is between the pine trees on unpaved agricultural roads. Once you get on the highest point you will have a 360 degrees view over Sannine mountain Bteghrine, the whole Northern Metn, Beirut and Keserwan region.
WHERE: Marj Baskinta – Wadi El Karm loop
1300 m above sea level
23 km from Beirut
Walking time 3 hours
Level: Easy and could be a family hike.
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM REBOUND in Jdeideh, facing the public garden.
PRICE: 30’000 LL per person including guides, photos, and videos.
TRANSPORTATION: Due to Covid 19 we will not be arranging any bus transportation for the time being, hikers should use their own transportation means.
WHAT TO GET: Light energy snacks such as dried fruits, water (2 litres), cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
– Payment is due in full preferable 2 days before the event.
– Our coordinators are available at THE BASE front desk for assistance and booking, located inside REBOUND playgrounds. We also accept payments at OMT / Western Union
– Cancellation with less than 48 hours’ notice will be refundable
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
– Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
– Always follow the guide on the designated trail
– Do not go off road without notifying the guide
– Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
– Accidents remain under the responsibility of the member.
– Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 81-056 083
It is preferable to send a WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.