Haouqa, Mar Lichaa
April 26, 2020
A hike through the “Holy Valley”, starting from Haouqua, one of the most amazing places standing on the shoulder of the valley.
The hike an great number of old churches, houses, and monasteries some of which is engraved in the mountains and each tell a different story which constitute the history of Qannoubine and the valley.
Although we will be seeing many churches and monasteries, this hike is not religious but is a historical and cultural visit to one of the most important, UNESCO classified, historical sites in Lebanon.
WHERE: Wadi Qannoubine
North – Lebanon
115 km from Jdeideh
Walking time 3 hours and 30 minutes
Max Altitude: 1,160 m
Elevation gain: 300 m
Level: easy to moderate
MEETING PLACE: 7:00 AM REBOUND in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. We will be moving at 7:00 AM sharp.
PRICE: 55,000 LL per person including transportation, guides, photos, and snack.90,000 LL per person including transportation, guides, photos, snack and lunch.
WHAT TO GET: Light energy snacks such as dried fruits, water (2 litres), cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack
– Payment is due in full preferable 2 days before the event.
– Our coordinators are available at the Rebound front desk for assistance and booking. We also accept payments at OMT / Western Union
– Cancellation with less than 48 hours’ notice will be refundable
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
– Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
– Always follow the guide on the designated trail
– Do not go off road without notifying the guide
– Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
– Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
– Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 81-056 083
It is preferable to send a WhatsApp from your mobile to 81 056083, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
BLUE GREEN ADVENTURES