May 10, 2020
Starting our hike at Amaz where we can fill our bottles from the purest spring water of Nabe3 El Hadid. Then, we start our trail to Lessa to reach Afqa’s grotto.
Reachingn Afqa we will stop at the grotto which is the source of the “Nahr Ibrahim” River. Across from the grotto are the remains of the Roman temple of Venus. Although the temple was destroyed by the Christian Emperor Constantine (285-337 AD), it was later rebuilt by Julian the Apostate (360-363). The Adonis-Astarte fertility rite continued in Lebanon into the 5th century AD.
This is a flat trail with minimum ascents and descents and suits all categories of hikers.
WHERE: AMAZ TO AFQA
Keserwan – Lebanon
33 km from Jdeideh
Distance: 13 km
Walking time 4 hours
Max Altitude: 1,600 m
Elevation gain: 430 m
Level: easy to moderate
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM REBOUND in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. We will be moving at 7:030 AM sharp.
PRICE: 50,000 LL per person including transportation, guides, photos, and snack.
WHAT TO GET: Light energy snacks such as dried fruits, water (2 liters), cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack
– Payment is due in full preferable 2 days before the event.
– Our coordinators are available at the Rebound front desk for assistance and booking. We also accept payments at OMT / Western Union
– Cancellation with less than 48 hours’ notice will be refundable
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
– Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
– Always follow the guide on the designated trail
– Do not go off road without notifying the guide
– Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
– Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
– Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 81-056 083
It is preferable to send a WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
BLUE GREEN ADVENTURES